Updated Mon 26 Oct 2026, 10:15 PM IST ยท Only news with a verified market reaction, ranked by impact
1Trump & US policy25-26 Oct 2026 (Reuters 26 Oct 9:56 AM IST)
Trump rules out an Iran strike "today", weighs "finish it off" vs "deal"; Qatar mediates and oil falls ~2% before paring
What it meansThe weekend strike did not happen and mediation is active, so oil gave back about 2% and gold bounced. Trump frames it as strike-or-deal, so oil, gold, CAD and JPY stay headline-driven into the 3 Nov midterms.
Market reactionBy 9:56 AM IST: Brent -1.89% to $114.51, WTI -2.16% to $101.04 (Reuters); IANS had WTI $100.69 (-2.49%). Gold +0.5% to $4,014.49 by 2:54 PM IST as lower oil eased inflation fears (Reuters). US futures at 2:16 PM IST: Dow +0.32% near 52,560, S&P 500 +0.14% (FXStreet). By 4:35 PM IST WTI was about $100.39 and gold about $4,016 (FXStreet). WTI was still about $101.02 (-2.18%) at ~9:10 PM IST, then pared the drop to about $102.77 (-0.48%) by ~10:10 PM IST (Trading Economics; Yahoo Finance had December WTI $102.98, -0.28%).
- Next 24 hours
- Oil premium trimmed early, then mostly rebuilt by the US afternoon; headline whipsaw risk stays high.
- 2 to 5 days
- Strike-or-deal binary into 3 Nov.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- Post-midterm strike risk remains.
Read the full report
Leaving the White House on 25 Oct, Trump said "there will not be a strike today" and, asked whether strikes could resume, "Would I tell you that?" Later he said "There's a possibility I will" and also "a possibility we'll have a nice, big, beautiful agreement", while doubting Iran would hold a deal. Reuters reported Qatari mediators in Tehran. Earlier (23 Oct rally) he said the US "may do another little" round. On Fox News' Sunday Morning Futures he said: "Do I finish it off, which would be very easy to do, or do I make a deal?" (24NewsHD). On 26 Oct Saudi Defence Minister Khalid bin Salman, Pakistan's army chief Asim Munir and Turkish intelligence head Ibrahim Kalin were in Tehran for security talks, after Qatari mediators arrived on 25 Oct (AP).
2Geopolitics23-25 Oct 2026
Houthi strikes on Saudi energy sites; Aramco evacuates Dhahran HQ
What it meansSaudi oil infrastructure is now a target. Oil carries a war premium, and any confirmed damage means a gap higher. A confirmed no-damage statement means the premium fades.
Market reactionBrent +3.14% to $116.72 (6-month high, +6.24% w/w); WTI +3.82% to $103.27; gold under $4,000
- Next 24 hours
- The Monday open saw oil ease on Iran headlines instead of gapping higher.
- 2 to 5 days
- Follow-through only if new strikes or physical disruption follow.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- Persists only with real supply loss.
Read the full report
Over 48 hours to 24 Oct the Houthis claimed attacks on the Saudi Defence Ministry, Dammam airport (two killed), an Aramco site in Yanbu and Abha airport, and Aramco evacuated its Dhahran HQ. On 25 Oct the coalition intercepted a missile aimed at Riyadh and 10 ballistic missiles over the south; debris injured two people (Saudi Press Agency). No production loss has been confirmed.
3Rates & central banks22-23 Oct 2026
Fed repricing: October hike odds near 9%, December hike about 80% priced
What it meansThere will be no hike on Wednesday, but a December hike is almost fully priced. Warsh's tone decides the next move in yields, the USD, gold and BTC.
Market reaction10-year Treasury yield back below 5% on 26 Oct after ending last week at 5% (FXStreet); dollar index 101.80, little changed (Reuters)
- Next 24 hours
- A whipsaw is likely between the statement and the presser.
- 2 to 5 days
- The dot plot is not due at this meeting; guidance is the only signal.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- It decides the December path.
Read the full report
The Fed funds range is 3.75-4.00% after a September hike (12-0 vote). In a Reuters poll (16-20 Oct), 94 of 100 economists expect a hold on 28 Oct and all 100 expect a December hike. September CPI was 3.7% y/y (core 2.6%).
4Market fundamentals22-23 Oct 2026 (CryptoTicker 23 Oct 11:45 AM IST)
AI-spending doubts hit tech: Nasdaq 100 -3% on 22 Oct after Meta results and Huang comments
What it meansAI-spending doubts flipped markets to risk-off. That helps the yen and franc and hurts Bitcoin and AUD/NZD.
Market reactionNasdaq 100 -3% on 22 Oct (The Telegraph); S&P 500 -1.2% to 7,663 (Yahoo Finance)
- Next 24 hours
- Haven currencies stay bid.
- 2 to 5 days
- Mean reversion is possible if earnings stabilise.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- A lasting capex cut would weigh on growth and on risk assets.
Read the full report
Several megacap tech companies missed expectations, and Tesla cut its spending forecast, which markets read as a warning on the AI and data-centre investment cycle. The Nasdaq fell 2.6% on Thursday; the Dow fell 1.2% on Friday.
5Technical break23 Oct 2026 (Reuters 26 Oct 3:13 PM IST)
Gold falls nearly 4% in a week to $3,975, its lowest since July
What it means$4,000 broke because markets fear rate hikes, not because of fear itself. While gold stays below $4,100, rallies are for selling after FOMC.
Market reactionXAUUSD about -4% on the week with a $3,975 low on Fri 23 Oct (lowest since 20 July, Reuters). Monday: +0.5% to about $4,016 at 4:35 PM IST (FXStreet).
- Next 24 hours
- A fragile bounce to about $4,016 before FOMC; FXStreet sees resistance near $4,020 and $4,131.
- 2 to 5 days
- The trend stays down while price is below $4,100 (FXStreet).
- 2 to 12 weeks
- Depends on the Fed's December decision.
Read the full report
Gold lost nearly 4% last week and touched $3,975 on Friday, its lowest since 20 July, as the oil rally raised inflation and Fed-hike fears (FXStreet; Reuters). On Monday UBS's Giovanni Staunovo said $4,000 "is seen by some as a buying opportunity" (Reuters).
6Market fundamentals26 Oct 2026, ~5:20 PM IST (Reuters)
Meta launches a $35B stock sale, part of up to $95B in new equity for AI; shares fall 1.6% at the open, then recover
What it meansMeta is funding AI with shares rather than debt. The stock fell 1.6% at the open on dilution, but chipmakers (possible buyers of the shares) rose, so the Nasdaq 100 still opened higher.
Market reactionPre-market gains of about 1-2% (Quartz; ZeroHedge citing Bloomberg, near 5:45 PM IST) faded: META was -0.7% at 6:35 PM IST (Reuters) and -1.52% to $632.83 at 7:40 PM IST (StockAnalysis), with a low of $629.02. It then recovered to $643.18 (+0.09%) by 9:05 PM IST (StockAnalysis); Invezz also reported the dip and recovery.
- Next 24 hours
- The opening drop reversed; investors are treating the raise as funding for AI spending rather than a warning sign.
- 2 to 5 days
- Big-tech results and FOMC decide whether the AI-spending scare eases.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- A further $60B share sale from Q1 2027 is a slow dilution overhang.
Read the full report
Meta launched public offerings of about $35B: roughly $22.5B of Class A stock (via forward sales with Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs) and $12.5B of mandatory convertible preferred. A further at-the-market programme of up to $60B is planned once new non-voting Class C shares start trading, expected in Q1 2027. Nvidia, AMD and Broadcom indicated non-binding interest in up to $5B of the shares. Context: Q3 free cash flow was -$2.12B, Meta's first negative quarter in over ten years, and 2026 capex guidance is $135-145B (Reuters; Quartz; SEC shelf filing).
7Market fundamentals26 Oct 2026, ~6:45 PM IST (Reuters)
Anthropic makes its IPO filing public; Nasdaq 100 up about 1.2% in US trading
What it meansAn AI sentiment boost for US100 at the open, not a trade signal. Note: this dashboard is produced with Claude, an Anthropic model; the story is included only because of the measured futures move.
Market reactionNasdaq 100 e-minis +0.6%, S&P 500 e-minis +0.34% and Dow e-minis +0.4% at 6:35 PM IST (Reuters). After the open: S&P 500 +0.33% at 6:52 PM IST and +0.97% at 8:23 PM IST (TheStreet); Nasdaq 100 +1.48% to 29,384.81 near 9:10 PM IST (Trading Economics CFD). Nvidia +2.6% at 9:11 PM IST (StockAnalysis). Gains faded later: Nasdaq 100 +1.15% to 29,291.27 and S&P 500 +0.77% near 10:10 PM IST (Trading Economics); Yahoo Finance had the S&P 500 +0.67% at 10:11 PM IST.
- Next 24 hours
- Tech is leading the session; the Nasdaq 100 is outpacing the Dow.
- 2 to 5 days
- Big-tech results and FOMC decide direction this week.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- A heavy AI issuance pipeline (Meta, Anthropic) adds supply of AI-linked stock.
Read the full report
AI developer Anthropic made its IPO registration public on Monday, pressing ahead with a listing even though the autumn IPO calendar has thinned on volatility (Reuters). Quartz reports the S-1 is for a Nasdaq listing under the ticker ANT. The filing lands in a week when about a third of S&P 500 companies report, including Microsoft, Alphabet and Amazon.
8Flows & positioning24-25 Oct 2026
Spot Bitcoin ETFs post their largest outflow day since June
What it meansBig ETF money left Bitcoin on 22-23 Oct ($773M). Watch whether flows turn back to inflows after FOMC.
Market reactionBTC fell from about $84,025 (21 Oct) to $81,307 (22 Oct), then about $80,483 by Saturday
- Next 24 hours
- Weekly close test.
- 2 to 5 days
- Flow direction for the week.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- Liquidity and the Fed path.
Read the full report
US spot BTC ETFs saw net outflows of $635.5M on 22 Oct (IBIT -$254.1M, FBTC -$217.5M), the largest since 25 June, and $137.9M on 23 Oct: $773M in two days. The week to 22 Oct was still +$442.7M net.
9Technical break25 Oct 2026, 12:00 AM IST
Weekend crypto flush: BTC hits a 1-month low of $79,146, then rebounds
What it meansBTC swept its support and reclaimed it. A daily close below $79,146 would turn that into a real breakdown.
Market reactionBTC low $79,146 on Sat 24 Oct, then back above $80,000 (Bitcoin.com News); about $689M of long liquidations (CoinGlass)
- Next 24 hours
- Monday: back under $80,000 (about $79,600, CoinGecko and CoinDesk, ~7:20 PM IST); the intraday low was under $79,300 (Quartz), still above $79,146.
- 2 to 5 days
- Holding above $79,146 points to a range; losing it targets $77,876.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- Fed path and ETF demand.
Read the full report
Bitcoin fell to about $79,146 on Saturday, its weakest in more than a month, then traded back above $80,000. CoinGlass counted over $810M of crypto liquidations in 24 hours, about $689M of them longs (Bitcoin.com News). Price also slipped under its 50-day average near $81,700.
10Macro data22 Oct 2026, 3:25 AM IST
New Zealand Q3 CPI 3.7% vs 3.8% poll; RBNZ hike still priced
What it meansNZ inflation missed, but the RBNZ hike on Wednesday is still the base case. Guidance matters more than the hike itself.
Market reactionNZD/USD dipped to 0.5692; about 80% odds of a hike to 3.00% remain (swaps)
- Next 24 hours
- n/a (past).
- 2 to 5 days
- RBNZ decision.
- 2 to 12 weeks
- Whether a December follow-up comes.
Read the full report
Annual CPI was 3.7% (Q2: 4.1%) against a 3.8% poll and the RBNZ's 3.9% forecast. Quarterly was 0.7% vs 0.8%.